Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Made ya look

253:365

253:365 Directions


254:365

254:365 Direction frozen


254a:365

I tried the same shot with an adjustment to the white balance and am trying to decide which version I like best.


255:365

255:365 Cascade


256:365

256:365


257:365

257:365 Up


258:365

258:365 Up and down and all around


259:365

259:365 Toward


landing

Landing


poised

Poised


260:365

260:365

I need to create a "name that bird" Flickr set because there's been no end to the new friends foraging on my back deck. This guy looks like a small version of our local crows but has a deep blue head. Thoughts?

_________________________

I went a week and a day without posting because I was out last night. That means this week's prompt will be good for only 6 days. So let's make the prompt 6 --or any ole number you like will do.

7 comments:

  1. We get the same birds.

    and you have to change your banner. because it is no longer true that you don't have a good eye.

    mission accomplished. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (and i like the first frozen direction betther)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a starling. And, I love the one of Muriel and her reflection skipping along the puddle. Sue, you have so many amazing photos here - I look forward to seeing them each week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. These shots are all so striking! I love the bird shot you picked for 259. The motion is so dramatic, and the eye is so piercing. Your girl with reflection is also a stunner.

    I'm going to go along with Painted and say I like the first frozen shot better. The contrast is stronger.

    As for what bird it is, I thought at first cowbird, but then I saw that those have brown heads, not blue. It could be a grackle. (We used to feed birds on our deck when we first moved here, and for a while I was always looking up birds in our Peterson's guide. I still remember a few of them...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely a grackle. And for the ice shots, I think it's choosing between apples and oranges. They are both beautiful but very different: the white is ghostly while the blue is intensity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grackle. And shot one of the two leaf shots because it's deeper.
    The reflected Miss M skipping is magic.
    You know what - next week I only have one appointment/meeting outside the house. May even have time to download the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the first frozen one better too. The second looks too artificial.

    And I love that Muriel has both feet off the ground.

    ReplyDelete